We operate this Privacy and Cookies Policy because we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of those using our website and the confidentiality of any information that we collect about you. This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out how we will use any personal data that we may obtain from you. If we change any of the terms of our Privacy and Cookies Policy we will post the revised policy on our website at www.eygwindows.co.uk behind the “Privacy and Cookies Policy” link at the bottom of each page.
Whenever you submit your information to us, whether it be by using our website, by email, over the telephone, in person or by any other means, we will collect and use of such information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy and Cookies Policy. If you subscribe to our newsletter via our website, you are giving your consent to be added to our mailing list. Please see section 4 below for further information if you no longer wish to receive such mailings from us, or just email us at email@example.com with details of your request.
We are committed to ensuring that all personal data we hold is treated properly and in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is Z1235396. In accordance with data protection legislation, we are required to explain to you how we will treat any personal data which we collect from you.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you have any concerns with regard to the way in which we process your personal data.
2. What information do we collect and how do we use it?
You may give us information about you by registering with our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
- If you have placed an order with us, we will use your information to process the order and for customer service and administration purposes. If you fail to provide information to us, or if the information you provide is inaccurate or incomplete, we may not be able to process your order.
- If you enter a promotion or competition using our website, we will use your information to process your entry in accordance with the relevant promotion/competition terms and conditions (which you should familiarise yourself with before entering). If you fail to provide information to us, or if the information you provide is inaccurate or incomplete, we may not be able to process your entry.
- Where you have given consent, we and companies in the same group as us may use your information to inform you of special offers, promotions, new products, competitions and changes to our website via post, telephone, email, SMS or other appropriate means. If you subscribe to our mailing list but subsequently decide that you no longer wish to receive such mailings please see section 4 below.
- If you correspond with us using email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses for our and your legitimate interests in order that we can appropriately manage your account.
- Where it is in our legitimate interests, we may monitor your telephone calls for training and quality control purposes.
- In the event that you provide us with feedback regarding our products, we may disclose that feedback to our suppliers and to other users of our website where it is in our legitimate interests to do so in order to improve the services and goods we provide.
You warrant that any information you supply to us is accurate and up to date, that you will inform us if any such information requires updating, and that if you submit a third party’s details to us you have that third party’s permission to do so.
We will not sell any of your personal data to any third party without your permission.
3. Third Parties
We will share personal data about you:
- with third parties who are directly involved in dealing with any enquiry, order or competition/promotion entry made by you;
- where such disclosure is required by law;
- with a third party who is providing us with professional advice where permitted by law;
- where the disclosure is in connection with any criminal investigation where permitted by law;
- where the disclosure is in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings where permitted by law;
- where the disclosure is in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk) where permitted by law;
- where required in order to protect the rights, property or safety of EYG Domestic Limited, our customers or others (including but not limited to sharing information with third parties involved in debt collection and debt tracing actions); or
- where we have stated otherwise on our website.
If you subscribe to our mailing list we may send you details of third parties’ products and services from time to time. We may also pass on your information to carefully selected third parties for the purpose of marketing if you give us your consent by ticking the relevant box situated on the mailing list subscription page. However, if you respond to any third party who contacts you, that third party rather than us will become the data controller of any information you provide to that third party and you should ask for details of how it will use that information.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets) or if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers and subscribers will be one of the transferred assets.
4. How do you stop marketing information being sent to you?
You can ask that such information is no longer sent to you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at EYG Group, Wiltshire Road, Dairycoates Industrial Estate, Hull, HU4 6PA, United Kingdom or clicking on the appropriate link in the footer of any of our marketing emails. It may take up to 14 working days to remove you from our marketing lists.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data. However, the Internet is global and no data transmitted via the Internet can be guaranteed by us to be completely secure during transmission. We cannot guarantee the security of any data that you disclose online and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default. It is possible that the information you provide to us will be temporarily transferred via a route outside the UK and/or the European Economic Area as it passes between you and us.
6. Your Rights
You have a legal right to see a copy of the personal data that we keep about you, subject to certain exemptions. Requests for such information should be made in writing to The Data Compliance Officer, EYG Group, Wiltshire Road, Dairycoates Industrial Estate, Hull, HU4 6PA, United Kingdom.
In some circumstances you may also have a right to:.
- rectify or erase any personal data we hold about you;
- restrict our processing of your personal data;
- object to us processing your personal data;
- data portability in respect of your personal data.
In accordance with applicable data protection legislation, we follow security procedures when we process your personal data. We may therefore request proof of your identity before disclosing certain information to you or acting on any requests pursuant to this section 6.
Please contact us at the above address if you have any reason to believe that information we hold about you is inaccurate.
7. How long do we retain your personal data?
We only retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose for which is was collected. Whilst taking in to consideration our legal obligations, we will on an ongoing basis: review the length of time we retain your personal data; consider the purpose or purposes for which we hold your personal data for in deciding whether (and for how long) to retain it; securely delete your personal data if it is no longer needed for such purpose or purposes; and update, archive or securely delete your personal data if it goes out of date. For further information on how long we retain your personal data please contact the Data Compliance Officer at the address detailed in section 6 above.
Our website uses “cookies” to ensure you receive the best possible visitor experience. Cookies are small files which are sent by a web server to an individual’s computer which are then stored on that computer’s hard drive. A cookie contains text, and is like an identification card which can only be translated by the server it originated from.
Cookies cannot tell us information such as your email address, which we can only collect where you tell us, for example if you subscribe to our mailing list. However, we may use them to send focused online banner advertisements or similar promotional content.
Email marketing campaigns published by us may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber information is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include (but is not limited to): the opening of emails; forwarding of emails; the clicking of links within the email content; and the times, dates and frequency of activity. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply you with more relevant content based around your activity.
Most internet browsers allow you to prevent cookies being stored on your computer. Alternatively you may be able to configure your browser to accept all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is offered by our server. You may also be able to delete all cookies currently stored on your web browser.
We may also collect information about where you are on the Internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, and domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the date and time of your visit to our website and any search terms that you entered on our website. We may collect this information even if you do not place an order or subscribe to our mailing list, and will use it to administer our website, for internal operations (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes) and as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure. All such information is collected on an aggregated basis and will not be associated with you as an individual.
For further information about cookies and how they are used, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
9. How will you know if we make any changes to this Privacy and Cookies Policy?
We may amend this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time. You are bound by any changes we make to this Privacy and Cookies Policy with effect from the date of the change. If we make any substantial changes to the way in which we use your personal data we will notify you by posting a notice on our website’s homepage. You can view the current version of our Privacy and Cookies Policy at any time by clicking on the Privacy and Cookies Policy link on our website’s homepage.
10. What about third party websites that you can access via our website?
Our website contains links to other websites which are outside our control and are not covered by this Privacy and Cookies Policy. If you access other websites using the links provided, the operators of those websites may collect personal data from you which will be used in accordance with their respective privacy policies which you should read. We are not liable for the practices of such third party website operators in respect of your personal data.