Meeting the highest security standards
At EYG Commercial, almost every product we design can be manufactured to meet Secured by Design (SBD) standards.
SBD is the official UK Police flagship initiative for 'designing out crime' using the highest levels of physical security to prevent unwanted entry.
SBD products are increasingly in demand because:
- Doors, windows, locks and rooflights are recognised by police as robust enough to resist physical attack.
- Provides reassurance for developers, architects and project managers.
- It’s the only way to obtain police accreditation for security in the UK.
- Independent, third-party certification from a United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) accredited organisation is required.
- Products are subject to regular re-testing and production audits - to prove quality is maintained.
- SBD products undergo more than the one-off testing required to meet Part Q standards.
Why you should choose EYG for SBD
- Our products have British Standards Institution (BSI) accreditation for SBD standards.
- We make thousands of windows and doors which are assessed and verified.
- Independent verification proves all our products meet the SBD standard - not just one sample.
- All our products can also meet the PAS 24:2012 UK standard - required on all new developments under the Part Q building regulations of 2015.
- Our proven track record helps us to secure significant orders for major projects.